Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Friday, September 23, 2005

The death of a good friend

RELAX! It's just my computer. My computer has been on it's last legs for the past, oh, 3 years. Every time it gets sick I usually manage to nurse it back to health. It seams to be dying on me, yet again. This morning it froze and refused to start again when I rebooted. ARG! Finally I got it running but only after I removed a hard drive and putzed with it a bit. That damn hardrive has been giving me problems since day one. Well not day one but about day 366. I have a lot of important stuff on the hardrive (including almost all of my digital pictures). And will be really pissed if I can't manage to recover it. I'm not going to preach backups cause I try to be as minimally hypocritical as possible and god knows I never backup stuff.

It's definitely time to buy a new computer. It's been time fro a while. But alas, no moolah. And also, I'm stubborn. That and I know that in two years I'm gonna buy a laptop for school (probably something like the one from this post). My computer is constantly getting taken apart. Just two weeks ago my burner died so I took it out and replaced it with and hold hardrive. My computer seems to have had more surgeries and upgrades then Joan Rivers.

Well I think that's enough complaining about my computer. I'll leave you all with a few cool links that I've found recently:

Planarity.net-a ridiculously addictive game
Konfabulator-some cool stuff for your desktop
Plague hits the cyber-world

3 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, September 24, 2005, Blogger Talli said...

you poor poor man. You keep getting victimized by spammers. they cluster around your blog like leeches, because of your delicious key phrases and so on.
thanks for my awesome birthday presents!!!!

what else? I always have to go to your flickr account before I go to your blog if I'm on a computer that's not mine...I can't remember the name of your blog address.

oh yeah, and good luck with your computer. how long have you had it for?

 
At 10:00 PM, September 24, 2005, Blogger Talli said...

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=1203

hope the link works. It's to get spammers to stop commenting on thou blog.

 
At 11:25 PM, September 24, 2005, Blogger Ben said...

Trashed the spam and turned on word verification. Thanx for the tip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home