Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

In Honor of My 100th Post-100 Interesting and Not-So-Interesting Facts About Me

This is my 100th post so in honor of that I thought I would post 100 facts about me. Some you may find interesting, others not. Some just plain weird, but here goes:

  1. My full name is Benjamin Samuel Ludman
  2. I was born at 5:12pm ET on April 1st 1986
  3. Yes, I have heard every possible April Fools Day joke so don't even go there.
  4. I have a friend from Australia who was born on April 2nd but is older than I am.
  5. I was born at Mount Sinai Hospital in NYC
  6. In my life I have lived in three cities- NYC, NY, USA; Halifax, Nova Scotia,Canada and Ra'anana, Israel
  7. I have lived in 3 apartments and 2 houses
  8. I have one brother and one sister.
  9. They are both younger than me.
  10. My brother will someday be my boss.
  11. My sister will someday take over the world with her cuteness.
  12. In high school I majored in physics and French.
  13. I speak three languages fluently- English, French and Hebrew
  14. I haven't really spoken French in about 5 years and I'm not sure I still can.
  15. I still got a very high grade on my exams.
  16. I play guitar and used to play piano.
  17. I own three guitars.
  18. I almost exclusively play one of them- the electric one.
  19. I have written music but none of it is any good.
  20. I can program in C++ and Visual Basic as well as HTML+CSS and JavaScript
  21. I haven't touched C++ in about three years.
  22. I don't think I ever will again.
  23. I have built websites for several people.
  24. When I was younger I wanted to be a programmer.
  25. I have also wanted to be a doctor, a lawyer (what a good little Jewish boy) and an investment banker.
  26. I'm still not 100% sure what an investment banker does.
  27. My understanding of money and economy begins and ends with "Money=Good".
  28. Now I want to be an engineer.
  29. Someday I also want to own my own company.
  30. To do that, I should probably broaden my knowledge of economy.
  31. I would also like to own a penthouse in Manhattan. (but who wouldn't?!)
  32. New York is one of my favorite cities.
  33. I wouldn't want to live there permanently or for to long though.
  34. I plan on studying in New York when I finish the army.
  35. I am going to study engineering at Columbia University.
  36. I'm not sure which kind of engineering I want to study.
  37. My friend Katz is coming to study at Columbia the year after me.
  38. In the army I serve in the C4I unit attached to the Dan District of the Home Front Command.
  39. C4I stands for Command Control Communications Computers Intelligence.
  40. The Home Front Command is in charge of security of the citizens within Israel's borders.
  41. My job is network administrator for the Dan district.
  42. I am trained in a completely different job and was given this job because I finished top of my class at "signal school".
  43. That, and a whole lot of luck.
  44. I am much happier doing this than what I was supposed to do.
  45. I am trained as an "Operational Communications Operator"
  46. That basically means I set up radio networks and fix them when they're down, specifically for operational units (infantry, armored, etc.).
  47. I would also deal with hard-wired communications networks and combination networks.
  48. I never found it that interesting and it doesn't transfer well to "the real world" (read: "not the army").
  49. My current job is much more interesting and will be useful in the future.
  50. Half way there.
  51. I still have a life outside of the army.
  52. I like that a lot and even though I'm happy I serving in the army, I wouldn't give that up very easily.
  53. When I was younger I used to read and write a lot.
  54. I don't anymore.
  55. One of the reasons I started this blog was to get back into writing.
  56. It was also to improve my writing skills.
  57. I have always hated reading what I write and editing my work.
  58. So I don't.
  59. That leads to a lot of typos and some sentences that may not flow that well.
  60. I think that keeps the blog fresh.
  61. That's an excuse for my laziness.
  62. I like to make bull shit excuses that no one would believe.
  63. I'm not sure why. I guess I just like to bullshit.
  64. I can bullshit about almost anything as I often do with my rants.
  65. My laziness has lead to my friends referring to me as "Grandpa".
  66. They really call me grandpa because they think of my as the wise and mature one.
  67. There I go again with the BS.
  68. Despite my laziness, when I start something I'm very persistent and a bit of a perfectionist.
  69. As long as cleaning my room is not involved.
  70. My room is in a state of "organized Chaos" most of them time.
  71. At the moment I would put it more in the "Chaos" category and less in the "Organized" one.
  72. When I start something I usually start it very organized.
  73. It quickly becomes chaotic and I don't usually get it back to it's original state without drastic measures.
  74. Sometimes I like to be goofy. It's fun to remind myself that I'm still a kid.
  75. I can move my ears, eyebrows and flare my nostrils.
  76. Yes, without the aid of my hands.
  77. I'm a pretty talkative friendly person.
  78. When I get drunk, it is almost impossible to shut me up.
  79. Despite drinking a lot, I have never thrown up from drinking.
  80. I'm proud of that. See mom, I'm not an alcoholic!
  81. My favorite beers are Heineken and Guinness.
  82. Miller and Sam Adams are also pretty good but I prefer beers from this side of the world.
  83. But not Israeli beers.
  84. I'm also a fan of Amaretto sours and WooWoos.
  85. WooWoos are made of vodka, cranberry juice and peach schnapps.
  86. Most people add their own special ingredient such as Nana (mint).
  87. I have never seen WooWoos outside of Israel but supposedly they are a know drink.
  88. My friends make fun of me when I drink a WooWoo because of its pinkish read color.
  89. They made more fun of me once when I ordered a Sea breeze.
  90. It was very pink and didn't even taste good.
  91. At parties I have worked as the bartender before.
  92. I'm considering being a bartender during university.
  93. Being religious this may cause conflicts in my work schedule.
  94. I find it annoying when people pronounce it "sheh-dyule".
  95. I'm a big fan of Australian accents.
  96. I would like to travel to Australia and New Zealand some day.
  97. Unlike most people, I'm not planning a big trip to the Far East or South America after the army.
  98. I would like to drive from the east coast to the west coast of the US in an RV though.
  99. Some friends and I have discussed this many times but we all get out at different times so I'm doubtful if it will happen.
  100. I'm pretty easily distracted and thus many of these aren't really about me so much as they are things related to me or related to things that are related to me.
I can't believe I made it to 100. Once I got in the rhythm though, I could have gone on till 150. Well maybe not, but I can think of at least two more. Hope you enjoyed!

6 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, December 14, 2005, Blogger Jessica said...

Woo Woo's is my mom's favourite drink...and we live in the US. :)
Nice blog :)

 
At 12:58 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Talli said...

1) raanana is not a city.
2) money= the root of all evils.
3) now I understand the very good reason for your typos, let me offer to be your editor when you become a writer.

swap you 2 fuels for a carbon?
-me

 
At 12:59 PM, December 15, 2005, Blogger Talli said...

*the root of all evil.

 
At 1:21 PM, December 16, 2005, Blogger Ben said...

1. If Ra'anana is not a city what is it? A town? Village?
2. Evil=Good (Ok, there may be a flaw in that logic)
3. I don't think I will ever be a writer.
4. 2 fuels for an ore ;)

 
At 12:02 AM, January 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no! what's wrong with israeli beer?

 
At 10:28 PM, January 17, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Israeli beer isn't bad per se...it's just not great. Maccabi tastes like water. Goldstar isn't bad when it's really cold but seems to be pretty bad sometimes. We once had a keg that was pretty nasty and a lot of the time it seems to not quite taste right. Stick to wine if you want blue-and-white alcohol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home