Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Friday, December 02, 2005

Life as a Bachelor- Living Alone, and Loving It!

This past week I had another taste of independence. Living alone while my family was away wasn't always easy but I did love having the freedom to do what I want when I want, and seeing that I can be self sufficient. I'm now not to worried about living on my own in university in two years when I finish up with the army.

One thing I realized in the past week is how hard my Mom works. It's was pretty time consuming doing laundry, cooking etc. and that was only for one, not a whole family. People, don't take your Moms for granted, they work hard. Let them know this once in a while, but not too often. Don't let it get to their heads. After all, us kids still have to be pains in their asses!

This past week has been really busy. I've had about 5 hours sleep maximum each night as I was out every night this week (one of the perks of being alone in the house). Everything I did over the week was more rushed though. When I would get home, instead of food being ready for me, I would have ot prepare it myself. This can get time consuming and annoying after a long day's work but I actually enjoyed it a bit.

The next few weeks for me don't seem to really slow down. I've got a lot of army related work in the next few weeks and I hope to finally get to relax around Hanukkah/New Years time. This coming week I'm going on a trip with my unit which should be fun.

I now must go do a load of laundry, and clean my room (yeah right). Or at least eat something...I'm hungry.

2 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, December 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gee Benjamin, thanks so much. Sadly, the reason we were there was cause your grandfather died but I must say, while we were there, we really missed your not being able to be with the family at such a close and necessary "family time". Glad your friends and their family looked after you. Glad that you appreciate for the moment what we Moms do. Cooking, cleaning, picking up, organizing,grocery shopping, back rubs etc. etc. all while we work and do a zillion other things. I never appreciated my mom until I became a parent so you are way ahead of the game. I love you kiddo. Thanks for the kuddos.Eems

 
At 8:16 PM, December 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

like your blog!!!
firat time i really looked at it...
love it...
shay your fav sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home