Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Long Day at the Shooting Range

Today was a long day. The morning was spent doing all of basic training over again. That is we did a fresher course in everything we learned in basic training plus a little more in depth on some of the things. This included:
Basic Communication Devices
Basic ABC Protection (Atomic Biological Chemical)
First Aid
Gun Class- including Shooting Positions, The parts of the gun and, Field Stripping

The afternoon was spent at the shooting range as was the evening. I shot a tracer round for the first time which was pretty anti-climactic. I expected something cooler, as if a light would come down from heaven and the would be fireworks...And angels singing and other extravagant things....[Gross you may mock me now] We finally left there at 9 and I got home at 11. That was all only because I got a ride most of the way from the bus driver as he was heading this direction anyway.

I now must go shower and get the filth and sand off of me before I got to bed. Tomorrow is a whole new day and I have to be on base early. Blah!

1 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, November 14, 2005, Blogger Ben said...

Thank you for your permission to mock you. I must say that without it, I would have just let everything be. Tell me, did you guys clean your guns afterward, or did you just give them back? You know they get dirty after you shoot them, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home