Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Monday, November 21, 2005

Raining Cats and Dogs

Today it pored! I got of the bus and walked into a wall of water. It was insane and some of the most rain I have ever seen. I was getting so wet (Even with an umbrella I got on the "slow bus" just so I could get out of the rain. The bus driver decided to take a detour and I ended up having to walk an extra 3 blocks to base. Luckily it had stopped raining. On the we drove through foot deep pools of water. Cars had water above their tires' height. It was such a weird experience considering our "desert" country.

In the afternoon I attended a military remembrance ceremony for a fallen soldier as an honor guard member. It was a meaningful ceremony and these type of things always remind me of our mortality and to live each day to it's fullest. Don't regret things you did. Move on; Dwelling on the past is a waste of time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home