Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A Clean Bill Of Health For The Ego-Boosted Soldier

Well, today I went back to the doctor and she gave me a clean bill of health. No more sinusitis for me so take that nasty bacteria! Ah, the wonders of penicillin.

Also today, I was working on a project with my CO's CO (AKA "The Big Boss"). She sat me down and asked me why I didn't become an officer. I explained why (I like my job, don't want to sign on an extra year, etc.) and she said she thought I would make a good officer but that she was happy that she wouldn't be loosing me as her soldier to another base. It was a nice ego boost.

The bus ride home was not fun at all. My second bus took me an hour and a half (because of the rain?). To top that off, I had possibly the two most annoying kids (12-13 year olds) sitting behind me. They were making noise and playing with there cell phone's ringtones. They were rude- they kept yelling things at the driver, and wouldn't sit still. They were also playing with a toy gun which was probably dangerous. I was going to say something along the lines of "You are on public transportation and acting like a bunch of two year olds" but decided not to be "the guy who yells at people on the bus". That, and someone else said something. Man, I have turned into a grumpy old man!

6 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, January 17, 2006, Blogger Cori/Shoshana said...

12/13 year old kids with cell phones SHOULD be yelled at on the bus. although, i've been told that everyone in israel is always on their cell phone, so perhaps i'll have to learn to be less infuriated by kids with phones. seems so frivolous.

 
At 9:39 AM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Dovid said...

I have similar experiences daily riding the NY subway. But getting annoyed may help for the one ride, and when I transfer, another group of kids will be sure to start again. So I learned to appreciate it, and incorporate it into my subway experience.

 
At 11:50 AM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Talli said...

shoot them. you have a gun, don't you?

 
At 9:01 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Cori/Shoshana said...

hahaha, talli, a true israeli. :) i'm responding to your email now!

 
At 12:28 PM, January 20, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

No, he doesn't have a gun, He's not a real soldier...

 
At 3:13 PM, January 20, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

If it were anyone else I would be hurt but I know you are just jealous of my weightless, invisble gun.

If I thought you were serious about that comment I would have torn into you about combat soldiers and their over inflated egos, their jealousy towards us soldiers who are gaining a skill from the army, and how they wish they were home more often like us. But because I know you're just joking, calling you tzair will suffice. Ya Chong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home