Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A Clean Bill Of Health For The Ego-Boosted Soldier

Well, today I went back to the doctor and she gave me a clean bill of health. No more sinusitis for me so take that nasty bacteria! Ah, the wonders of penicillin.

Also today, I was working on a project with my CO's CO (AKA "The Big Boss"). She sat me down and asked me why I didn't become an officer. I explained why (I like my job, don't want to sign on an extra year, etc.) and she said she thought I would make a good officer but that she was happy that she wouldn't be loosing me as her soldier to another base. It was a nice ego boost.

The bus ride home was not fun at all. My second bus took me an hour and a half (because of the rain?). To top that off, I had possibly the two most annoying kids (12-13 year olds) sitting behind me. They were making noise and playing with there cell phone's ringtones. They were rude- they kept yelling things at the driver, and wouldn't sit still. They were also playing with a toy gun which was probably dangerous. I was going to say something along the lines of "You are on public transportation and acting like a bunch of two year olds" but decided not to be "the guy who yells at people on the bus". That, and someone else said something. Man, I have turned into a grumpy old man!

4 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Dovid said...

I have similar experiences daily riding the NY subway. But getting annoyed may help for the one ride, and when I transfer, another group of kids will be sure to start again. So I learned to appreciate it, and incorporate it into my subway experience.

 
At 11:50 AM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Talli said...

shoot them. you have a gun, don't you?

 
At 12:28 PM, January 20, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

No, he doesn't have a gun, He's not a real soldier...

 
At 3:13 PM, January 20, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

If it were anyone else I would be hurt but I know you are just jealous of my weightless, invisble gun.

If I thought you were serious about that comment I would have torn into you about combat soldiers and their over inflated egos, their jealousy towards us soldiers who are gaining a skill from the army, and how they wish they were home more often like us. But because I know you're just joking, calling you tzair will suffice. Ya Chong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home