Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Salsa!


Ren and Katz Dancing Salsa
Originally uploaded by Benjamin Ludman.
Ren came up with the idea last week of going salsa dancing. At first I was a little apprehensive about the whole idea, but by last night I was really excited about trying it out. I figured the worst thing that could happen is I waste a little money and make a complete fool of myself. And so we went, Ren, Katz, Nadiv, Ele and I. We went to a salsa club in Herzeliya Pituach called DNA. It was in an office building and at first seemed a little odd, and it was, but once inside it was this fancy dance floor and bar, with a coat check (a lot more upscale than the places I'm used to going to) and some studio rooms for classes. We started off with a 1.5 hour lesson where we learned the basic steps and then we hit the floor for about an hour.

It's surprisingly tiring, and a little monotonous when you only have a few basic steps in your salsa arsenal. Not to mention daunting to see all the really good dancers there. We left at about 11:30 and decided to hit a bar and hang out for a while. We didn't want to go to Tel Aviv so we were going to stay local. When Katz and Ren heard I had never been to Max Brenner we decided we had to go there. From what I understand it is a cafe/restaurant with a large focus on chocolate. I have had Max Brenner chocolate before, and it is pretty damn good. To quote Katz: "Chocolate is good but this is just Uhhhhuhuh! (groan of ecstasy similar to a sound Homer Simpson would make)"

Traffic was bad and there was about a 45 minute wait so we headed back to Ra'anana where we decided we were tired. At 1:00 we decided to call it a great night and leave it at that. I hope to go salsa dancing again soon. It's a surprisingly good time and if you have never tried it, I suggest you do.

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, January 21, 2006, Blogger Talli said...

i've probably said this before - yes i know i've said this before - but i am so coming with you guys next time!!!! i really wanted to come....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home