Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

The plane ride from hell

I made it to Halifax finally. What a disaster! I left NY yesterday at 2pm. My flight was supposed to take-off at 1745 so we figured by the time we get to Newark Airport and check in, security, ritualistic shoe removal etc. We wouldn't have to wait to long till boarding time. Boy were we wrong! The flight was delayed by just over an hour to 1850 just as we got to the airport at 1450. The flight continued to get delayed as the afternoon and night went on...2040..2100...2115...2200...We ended up taking-off at 2230..bout an hour and a bit later, as we get just over Halifax, they tell us due to fog we can't land so we're gonna go to Bangor, Maine to wait it out. We landed there and refuel. After about half an hour they say the fogs not letting up, we're flying back to Newark. We land in Newark and about 3 am and I was given the privilege of standing in line to get new tickets for a flight later that day (today). Got a ticket (thank god!) and decided to walk around the terminal for a while see if anything was open. The entire was deserted. It was like being locked in the mall after it closes. Everything was closed and the only people around the entire terminal were the cleaning ppl. The only things open were a Dunkin Donuts and some sandwich place at the other end of the terminal. Wanted a doughnut but the line was long so I esttled for a snapple from the sandwich place. Returned to the gate where I slept on the floor for a few hours with an airline blanket and pillow. It wasn't comfortable but those who know me well, know that I had no trouble at all falling asleep. Got up at bout 530 after a few hours of sleep and got on the plane. Slept the whole way here and now I'm here. Well that's all I have to report for now. I will talk a bit about my trip in the states later when I have the time a patience to write more. I have some pictures to to post but have no way to post them at the moment, so that will have to wait till later.

5 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, July 20, 2005, Blogger Ben said...

Wow, sounds like fun...

 
At 11:16 PM, July 23, 2005, Blogger Ben said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:14 AM, July 24, 2005, Blogger Ben said...

Heh, you guys are funny! You can see my e-mail address by clicking on "View my complete profile" and then clicking "e-mail". I can check my e0mail when I'm away so feel free to let me know whats goin on with u. I miss you all tons.

 
At 9:17 PM, July 24, 2005, Blogger Talli said...

r u back already? i meant to comment on your blog and make you feel not so far away from israel and your friends.

 
At 11:14 PM, July 24, 2005, Blogger Ben said...

Ren-you said it not me ;) benjaminludman@softhome.net you can click that by the way. no, i'm still here. i'll post later with some details.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home