Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Free!

I have finally freed myself from the grasps of Gaza. Actually I didn't do anything. We finished our work so I'm home now and probably will never set foot in Gaza again. Kinda sad when you think about it. It's a completely different place after you've been there. I really have to eat my words that I said to my mother when I made fun of her for saying that. Sorry Mom. But anyway. Tomorrow I've got a day off (much needed) and Thursday I'm back to base. I miss it a bit, mostly the people. In less than a month we a have a review/inspection so I'm a bit nervous about it, especially because I haven't been around to make sure things are running smoothly but I'm sure everyone will survive without me. Man! It's so good to be home! I feel like this huge weight has been lifted off my chest now that I know I'm not going back. Last night at 9 they sent me to this random place like an hour south to be a backup for the guards. I basically was there to sleep but even that wasn't so successful. We slept in this portable bomb shelter that they took out of Gaza. It was basically open to the element (as if there are any this time of year). I was up till like two am (then slept till 6) because of this damn cricket. It wouldn't shut up. One of the guys eventually made it shut up...With a soccer ball . Use your imagination.

I think this post is jumping around a bit. Probably the lack of sleep. Had a good steak when I cam home. Much MUCH better than tuna! I'm gonna go to sleep I think. But first a much needed shower. Tomorrow I'll post some more pictures.

1 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, September 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sweetheart-you are forgiven. I told you it was special and from my photos I knew you couldn't appreciate it so glad that in spite of all that you went through this month, and it was a lot, that you got to see it so you can tell your kids some day! I love you. Get some sleep. Eema

 

Post a Comment

<< Home