Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Friday, August 26, 2005

Willy Wonka

Twice in the past two days I was reminded of this movie. Once when I looked at my friend Mark's blog and a second time when I was flipping channels tonight and there was a show on about the movie on MTV. I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Imax when I was away in Halifax a few weeks ago. I gotta tell you that I enjoyed it but thought it was a little creepy. First you've got the issue of the 4 grandparents sleeping on the same bed then you get a bunch of dolls going up in flames and seeing their faces melt. Throw in a few quotes like: "Don't touch that squirrels nuts!!" and "Everything in this room is edible. Even I'm edible. But that is called cannibalism, and it's frowned upon in most societies." and you get a somewhat scary children's movie. Just imagine seeing all those Umpa Loompas on a Imax screen! I still thought it was a pretty good movie and as a kid I always liked the idea of the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home