Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Still Going Strong


The Mayor's Shwarma
Originally uploaded by Benjamin Ludman.
Well after a three-day stint of guarding on my base I am now home, and still going strong. I’m a little tired, but three days of guarding instead of my usual weekend cocktail of binge drinking and sleep with a twist of synagogue, will do that to you. On my way home from base I passed by the site of last week’s bombing- “The Mayor’s Shwarma”. I was very happy to see that it too was still going strong. Not only was the scaffolding gone, but also, the place was swarming with hungry shwarma eaters- proof of Israeli society’s resilience and that no matter how many times we are hit by terrorism, we will always be strong.

Thursday evening we had a drill simulating last week’s attack. We all had to wake up, put on our equipment (i.e. vest, helmet, etc) and grab our guns and then pretend that a terrorist was heading towards the base. I usually complain when the officer in charge does long, drawn-out drills. It’s time I could be sleeping ahead of my 4-hour long guard shift in the middle of the night, but this was actually “enjoyable”.

9 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger Cori/Shoshana said...

why "enjoyable"?

 
At 9:50 PM, January 29, 2006, Anonymous Katz said...

Shoshana
Do you have a thing for our favorite Canadian?

 
At 12:24 AM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Aaron said...

Come on Katz not everyone who reads ben's blog has a "thing" for him.

Only the few lucky ones.

Aaron

 
At 1:38 AM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Cori/Shoshana said...

does this mean that i comment too much? im terribly sorry ;) i'll keep them to a minimum so as not to create any more suspicion. i have no things for any canadians--
ha.
Shoshana

 
At 6:37 PM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Nadiv said...

Aaron, Katz is right, everyone has a thing for Ben, except for me of course. Shoshana, you do post a lot, but as a fellow Bloger it is nice to see people read your blog and comment, it gives a good feeling that you aren’t just writing to yourself, but that you are actually writing for others who read it enjoy it and comment (by the way my blog is http://nadivs.blogspot.com/) So keep commenting people!
Ben, great post and great Blog, keep up the great work!!!

 
At 8:42 PM, January 30, 2006, Blogger Talli said...

wow nadiv!
might as well start a support group!shoshana, post as much as you like.
katz is just jealous.

shosh- I will reply to your e-mail soon! I just got ...work..and life..and stuff :-(

 
At 8:55 PM, January 30, 2006, Anonymous Katz said...

Damn right Im jealous

All of get your hands off my mooseman or Im gonna rip em off

 
At 3:52 PM, January 31, 2006, Blogger Cori/Shoshana said...

nadiv-- i will definitely check out your blog. katz-- ben is all yours, i promise ;)
talli-- don't worry about it, take your time!
there i go-- commenting again.
i must really, really, really have a thing for that canadian.

 
At 12:09 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger Rebecca said...

This is the first time I am reading your blog. It is truly a beautiful thing that you are doing for our country.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home