Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Sunday, March 12, 2006

What A Wakeup

"What is that damn noise! Let met get some sleep!" I glance at my phone. 10:30 am. Who could be up at this un-Godly hour on a Friday. And why haven't they turned off their alarm. The phone rings. I roll over and ignore it- something I am very good at. A few minutes pass. That alarm is still going! It suddenly dawns on me- that could be our alarm! I kick into combat mode. Being the super-soldier that I am, I am immediately wide awake, gun in hand ready to face any interloper that has intruded. No one messes with my family or my territory, especially after waking me up! I promptly neutralize the threat and am declared a national hero. And I return to the comfort of my bed for a few more hours of precious zs.

Well, that's sort of what happened Friday morning- without all the drama and action of course. What actually happened can be summed up in a few sentences. My mom forgot I was home and turned on the alarm when she went out. I then rolled over, two hours later, and set it off. I ignored the alarm company's phone call, not realizing that that was what it was, and therefore was required to actually get up to make sure that no overzealous rent-a-cops were going to play hero and break into my house to come rescue me and my blanky. That may have actually been nice because I don't think anyone actually came to check on us. Doesn't give me that much faith in our security company.

3 Comments:

At 11:10 PM, March 12, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

I don't know what's worse: Your illusions of grandeur, or the fact that you were so dead to the world that your mom forgot you were home. It's a tough call...

 
At 9:15 PM, March 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

G-Benjamin-blame me why don't you? Could you not have told everyone that you came home sooooo late that we forgot you were even home? Or-that you called us to say you "think" the house alarm may have gone off!! Ok,kiddo, I am sorry. We were preoccupied and just automatically turned on the alarm and locked up. Thanks for guarding the house as always. Love you-soldier-Eems

 
At 7:56 PM, March 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Benny should be commending for his herosim and strength of character.

It's very hard getting up on a day off!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home