Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Turning Twenty- No Longer A Teen

Today I am a fountain pen...No wait, wrong speech. Today marks the day that I am no longer a teenager. Yes, it's my birthday, and I'm turning 20. No, it's not an April fools day joke and yes I have heard every joke around about that.

I still find it hard to believe that I am 20. Some days I feel like a 2 year old, and all I want to do is run around naked through the sprinkler on the front lawn (have I shared too much?). Others I feel like a 70 year old and all I want is a little peace and quiet. I look at others and ask myself how they can be so immature. I guess that's part of being a teenager...But I'm not one anymore and that's a little scary.

I'm not a big fan of birthdays. Sure everyone's nice to you, you get presents and you're the center of attention but it makes you think about you're mortality. I always look back on the previous year and feel I didn't accomplish enough, or as much as I could have. Note to self: seize the day more.

Well, enough with the depressing stuff. Time to go out with a few friends.

5 Comments:

At 4:51 AM, April 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, congratulations! I remember 20 very vividly. Your perceptions of time start accelerating very quickly after that point. Pretty soon you'll be asking yourself where all the years went. So enjoy yourself and enjoy the great adventure you are on. Be well.

 
At 11:07 PM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Talli said...

Happy birthday bludman. what do you want for your b-day, besides a lapdance?

 
At 10:49 AM, April 12, 2006, Blogger Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (Hello) Belated 20th Birthday Greetings from down under in New Zealand.

 
At 1:40 AM, April 16, 2006, Blogger ancient clown said...

Happy B-lated B-Day:

I was concieved in Sydney, Nova Scotia and Born in Vancouver, B.C. then grew up in the middle of Ontario.
Former member of 'Princess of Wales Own Regiment'.
No Longer a 'Soldier of Man'
Now a 'Warrior of GOD'.
your humble servant,
Ancient Clown

P.s. Extending an invitation for ALL to enter GOLD Medal Games

 
At 11:24 PM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Thank You all for the warm birthday wishes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home