Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Whoa! Major Update!

So, it's been a really long time since I've blogged. I blame the Jewish holidays. Rather than do the whole retroactive blog thing, I think I will just write one large-ish post with the major things that have happened to me lately. I really had a few good post I could have posted but they are already several weeks ago so I'll just give some brief summaries.

September 27th: Life came full circle again as I found myself at the same shooting ranges I first shot an M-16. A little refresher training in some of the basics (Com, First Aid, NBC warfare, and shooting) where I spent my first month in the army- Nitzanim Basic Training Base.

October 1st: Went to a club in Tel Aviv called Vox. Got worried when I found it listed as a gay club on the website with it's address. Turns out that that's only on Friday nights, this was Saturday night. Was treated to an entertaining, if not completely weird, out of place, what-the-hell-is-going-on, strip show on the stage at the club.

October 6th: My cousin and her friend come to stay for the weekend.

October 8th: Hit the beach in Herzelia with my cousin and her friend. Ah, sun! Dinner at Burger Ranch. Nothing like a bad burger, once in a while.

October 9th: Day in Tel Aviv with friends from South Africa leaving that night. Burger at Burger King in Azrieli mall- Second bad burger in 24 hrs. Afternoon at the beach in Tel Aviv- Second beach trip in 24 hrs. (I was on vacation for those two days by the way.) Cocktails on the beach at sunset.

October 12th: Hookah in the Sukkah. Only there was no Sukkah...and the hookah ended up being MIA. So actually, it was just a drunken house party. No complaints here.

October 14th: Mike's Place. Been a while.

October 17th: Finally another post. Me and Mo do Israel still badly out of date.

2 Comments:

At 6:16 PM, October 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i ended up at vox on a friday night. seemed like a typical immigrant mistake, but it ended up being one of my favorite nights in tel aviv! no aggressive israeli guys, just fun music and dancing :) you should try it ;)

 
At 8:13 PM, November 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kerry Apologizes to Troops, Families for 'My Poorly Stated Joke'

good stuff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home