Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Sunday, September 11, 2005

9/11

Today is September 11th. If you didn't already know that, a quick glance to your bottom right hand corner can confirm that for you. I think there are very few people in the world who don't know what happened on this day. It was a tragedy and perhaps a wakeup call to the US that terrorism is closer than it thinks. It prompted Bush's "war on terrorism"- which I fully support but that is besides the point I want to make in this post.

It's days like these, and the acts of sheer hatred that cause them to become memorable days, that remind me how lucky I am. Today was my first day back on base after two months (minus a few days in the middle). Seeing all my friends there and their warm welcomes back was needless to say, wonderful. It reminded me how proud I am to serve in the IDF. It reminded me really how lucky I am to have such great friends both on base and at home. To have a wonderful family waiting for me (well maybe not waiting) when I get home. Days like today remind you that in an instant it can all be over.

So as Horace said:"Carpe Diem!" SEIZE THAT FISH!...er...ah...I mean day. Seize the day!

"Everyday, live it like it's your last one. Every kiss, kiss it like it's your first love."-Bif Naked

~In memory of the brave heroes that died today, 4 years ago.~

1 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, September 14, 2005, Blogger Talli said...

Great blog. I like your creativity. Keep up the great work.

I'm not so sure you'd be interested in how to buy and sell the Gulf of mexico coastline, pay our TV screens whever you want.
Love the interest-free christians katrina blog relief.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home