Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Flippin' The Tape

Thursday was a very important day for me. It was the day when I "flipped the tape". The number of days I've been in the army is now officially higher than the number of days I have left. But who's counting. I ran into a friend of mine, from basic training and course, Thursday on the bus. He called me up tonight to tell me something funny that had happened to him. He was eating at a restaurant in Herzelia and his waiter was our sergeant from basic training. He reminded him who he was. The sergeant pointed out that now he was taking orders from him instead of the other way around. He got out in November.

In just under a year and a half when I get out I will really miss the friends I've made in the army, but I won't look back for a second.

3 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, February 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May you always catch your buses
and get many gimelim
hot mashakeot tash
and easy "miseg-im"

soon you will be out
and no more gaurding
but until then
enjoy yourself and remember to party!!!

Congrats!!!

 
At 1:21 PM, February 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well congtats man,
I get to start the tape next week, so I'll tell tell you in a year and a half how it feels.

May the end come swift, and may you have a blast waile you wait.

enjoy!

 
At 12:08 AM, February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats. But then again, Ben, it's more like summer camp so why count? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home