Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

First Rains

Alas, winter is here, and with it comes the cold, crummy weather that forces me to wake up on the wrong side of the bed. With that said, I was in a surprisingly good mood all day today. I like the rain but hate having to travel in it.

Unfortunately, I seem to have fallen back into the rut of posting once every three weeks, which needless to say is not good.

I saw three movies last week: World Trade Center, Silent Hill and The Breakup.

WTC was interesting. I quite liked it. It wasn't action packed but I would hardly call it boring like so many reviews did.

Silent Hill was about what you would expect from a movie based on a video game, (Resident Evil not included- that movie rocked!). Having seen the trailer at WTC my friends and I decided it would make a good "bad horror movie" to watch and make fun of. The plot wasn't the most coherent and there were so many things in it that seemed completely random. I guess you have to be a fan of the game. I did like the creepy-deformed-melting-baby-things (I think they are called Grey Children) though- they were kinda cute in a sick I-have-been-eating-nuclear-fallout way.

The Breakup is a chick flick, but Vince Vaughn makes it bearable cause let's face it, he's pretty damn funny.

I was guarding over the weekend so that makes two weekends in a row that I didn't go out- last week I was sick. I think I am suffering from alcohol withdrawal.

And now, a little something new. I call it "Things I like and things I don't". I am open to name suggestions though.

I like getting under heavy covers and falling asleep to the sound of the rain on my skylight.
I don't like having to run to the bus in the pouring rain without an umbrella or a jacket.
I like working in my office when it's the perfect temperature out.
I don't like guarding for 4 hours straight in the freezing cold rain.
I like movies that make me go "Whoa! What the hell just happened!?"-in a good way.
I don't like movies that make me go "Whoa! What the hell just happened and who do I see about getting two hours of my life back?"
I like chocolate milk.
I don't like rotten milk.
Milk straight from the cow is bearable.

If this amused you please send my one dollar. If you would like two minutes of your life back, send me two dollars and I'll see what I can do.

7 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, November 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we see this

Bush, Cheney Meet With Senate Democratic Leaders

 
At 6:52 AM, November 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

now what can be ....

Four American Contractors Reportedly Kidnapped in Iraqi Convoy Attack

 
At 3:05 AM, November 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting very stale here......urgently requires an update!!!

 
At 7:46 AM, December 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa - British Airways to Contact Passengers After Traces of Radiation Found on Planes

what can be now

 
At 11:07 PM, December 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

read this

Gates Wins Unanimous Senate Committee Approval as Defense Secretary

 
At 7:43 PM, December 25, 2006, Blogger Resident Traveler said...

Haven't seen WTC, but I heartily recommend United 93. Not a shred of overdramatics. Just seems totally true, and drives home the fact that it actually happened better than anything!

 
At 7:24 PM, March 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just found this blog and you stopped writing on it! it seems really good...you should keep it up...
ngilliat@brandeis.edu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home