Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Monday, October 24, 2005

Complete Template Update-TWTME Version 2.0 Released

Version 2.0 of the blog is now up and operational! I'm so happy and proud of my baby. This took a lot of time and effort not to mention basically learning a new development language (CSS) and all the Blogger Template Tags (used for building Blogger templates, if that wasn't obvious). I also had to do a ton of debugging because I wanted to make it as compatible as possible with all browsers. At first my problems were with IE and then Firefox. Last night I burned the midnight oil until after 3am to fix on e last major bug in Firefox. But now it seams to be pretty stable. There are some hickups in the archive so if I have time I'm going to try and make the template more backwards compatible. Most my problems stem from the Flickr posts because of the method Flickr uses to post pictures. I'll get a bit technical now (since in some of the listings this is listed as a Web Development and Web Design blog) so if you don't care or simply get confused don't read on. If you wanna know how the template was built or are curious about the bugs I faced, read on, or skim on.

Edit: Changed my mind, I'm gonna do it in a separate post with all the details later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home