Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Friday, October 14, 2005

The Day of Atonement

Yom Kippur is over and it's back to eating for me. Which is good because I'm quite fond of eating. Wednesday night was the usual Kol Nidre etc praying thing followed the very important ritualistic walking on the closed street. The streets are closed on Yom Kippur all over the country so e-v-e-ryone walks around on the street after shul. I really wish I could have taken a picture, it looked really amazing. I had a really good time walking around with my friends, probably not a feeling one is supposed to have on Yom Kippur but I had such a good time that I'm not sorry. Katz and I debated which would be more fun to zoom down the empty roads in/on, a scooter or rollerblades. I still hold that the scooter would be more fun.

Thursday was a day full of more praying. I was feeling pretty crappy in the afternoon (I think I was a bit dehydrated). Having a headache and feeling week are not fun feelings when standing an entire day praying while fasting. I was fine though and finished off the day with a huge break-fast at home with, I think 53 was the final number, other people. My house can't hold that many people on the main floor and I don't know how we did it. It was a lot of work but not that bad. Katz and Gross dropped by for a while. People went to play pool last night but I didn't go unfortunately. I had to stay home and help with the break-fast till it was over. I was pretty tired and done in anyway so it probably was for the better anyway, although a bit of a waste of a Thursday night. Oh well. Today's Friday and I don't go back to the army till Sunday, so I'll probably go out later anyway. And now off to start my day.

4 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, October 15, 2005, Blogger Talli said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kukeit/50236632/

you seen yet?

food is good.

dehydration is awful.

Have some happy holidays! yay!

 
At 9:02 PM, October 15, 2005, Blogger Ben said...

Hey, that's me! Wow my nose looks big in that picture...Course my nose is big, so that could be why... Thanks for posting! Here's the link as a link if anyone wants to check it out:
[Link]

 
At 9:24 PM, October 23, 2005, Blogger Talli said...

what's with the disclaimer, benislav?

 
At 2:51 PM, October 24, 2005, Blogger Ben said...

What disclaimer? Benislav?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home