Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Dear Liza, Dear Liza

More like a pipe than a bucket. For the third time in a year, the most recent time just a few weeks ago, a pipe burst in my roof, flooding my room Sunday evening. This time the pipe was exactly over my room instead of just outside the door. That meant that instead of the water flowing into my room from outside, it was raining in my room. Suddenly there were tens of little cracks forming in my ceiling as droplets of water pushed their way through the plaster. And so, I was back up in the roof drying up water. At least is was early evening and so a plumber fixed it early enough so that I managed a warm shower before going to sleep.

Yesterday I had kitchen duty on base. It was the first time I have done kitchen duty in over a year. Only recently did guys start doing kitchen duty. It wasn't very fair but I wasn't complaining too much. It's not such a big deal though- a couple hours of washing dishes never killed anyone.

My computer is really on it's last legs these days so I haven't been as bloggy as usual. Hoping to get a new one in the next few weeks. Tomorrow I'm donating blood on base which is good because the blood bank is really low and it also means I get half a day off. So it's a win-win situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home