Home Sweet Home
Well, I'm back home. The flight home was pretty uneventful. My flight from Halifax to Toronto was on a new Airbus A320. Individual touch screens baby! I started watching "Inside Man" which was a mistake because I only saw the first hour and it was really good.
My plan of updating the blog daily during the trip was thwarted when my computer in Halifax died and I was technologically inaccessable. So here is a quick update on where I was and the highlights of my trip:
- Went to the Atlantic Jazz Festival (with my father) as a VIP where I saw Hot Toddy and Juan Martin. Martin has been called one of the world's top three guitarists by guitar player magazine. Technichaly he was very good but he plays flamenco style which I wasn't crazy about. The first set was Hot Toddy, a Canadian folk/blues/jazz band- quite liked it. Second set was Juan Martin- flamenco. Third act was them playing together- very interesting.
- Went to the Casino. Came home 20 dolars richer from playing the slots. Good fun as long as you no when to stop. The casino ruins all the fun of gambling though. The entire place is covered in posters for gambler annonymous. The screens of the slots flash up with the GA hotline number. They replaced that ever so pleasing sound of quarters falling with a ticket that you have to bring to the cashier to get your money.
- Went go-carting at Kartbahn. It was the first time I went go-carting and it was one of the funnest things I have ever done.
- Went mini golfing with my sister at a Putting Edge. Glow in the dark mini golf is always fun. I've been there quite a few times but still can't get under par. I'm just not a golfer. It's actually not glow in the dark per se, it's all lit by black light. It's pretty cool.
- Went with my sister to the Discovery Centre, which is kids science museum. I used to love that place and didn't really find it any less entertaining and interesting. They seem to always have something for all ages. They had this track where you get to race verious people (and animals) to compare your speeds. I was only a tenth of a second slower than Donovan Bailey (who holds the world recor for thee 100m dash). You only run 10 meters so he's still accelerating and in the long run a tenth of a second is a huge amount but look out world, you may have a new sprinter.
- Saw "Superman" in Imax 3D. Cool special effects but I was never a huge superman fan. He was to powerful and come on, he's a superhero but he can't manage to wear is underwear on the inside! I'm more of a spider man myself. I probably just made a lot of enemies.
- Went to several bars and hung out with some old friends. Went to a house party for a friends birthday.
- Did LOTS of shopping.