Jewish stuff at ChaiSpace!

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Sooo Tired...Of Sad Memories

I was guarding last night and I got about two hours sleep because I wasn't tired until 12:30am and I had to get up at 2:40 so I could guard at 3:00. I hate starting the day at 3 in the morning. I'm exhausted. Also, it was surprisingly cold last night. Unpleasant. I guess winter is really here.

I went to the memorial service today for Staff sergeant Ari Weiss who was killed in Shechem (Nablus) three years ago. It was a very touching ceremony. I feel that since I've been in the army, I have some weird connection to other soldiers. Seeing a fallen comrade always hurts. This one hit closer to home than I was "used to". I remember when we heard three years ago, how hard a time it was for everyone. Today brought back old, sad memories and feelings.

Ohel Ari

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home